NEW Interactive SMS service
You can now get sexual health information direct to your mobile phone. Our sexual health team provides information, support and signposting about sexual health via interactive text messaging (SMS).
Our number is 078600 200 30
Text messages are confidential and will be charged at your standard SMS rate. All text messages are answered within one working day. Please note that for technical reasons we are unable to receive picture messages and we do not provide medical advice. If you need urgent help outside of the opening hours, you can call NHS Direct on 0845 46 47 - open 24 hours a day 365 days of the year. The Sexual Healthline (0300 123 7123). If you need urgent medical advice please contact NHS 111 by dialling 111
Are you in a relationship or cheerfully single? Are you having sex with men, or women? Or both? Or neither? Are you enjoying the kind of sex you're having, or do you wish things could be a bit different? Are you happy not having sex at all at the moment?
Having sex should be fun! Whether it's your first time, or your hundred-and-first, sex should be something that you enjoy and can have safely.
If you are thinking about having sex, then it is important that you are ready, can enjoy it, and can take responsibility for it. It is also important to make sure that you get contraceptive advice to protect yourself from unplanned pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.
People always tell you about the sex you *should* be having. It might help to work out what sex you might *want* to have.
There are a lot of rules about what counts as ‘real sex’. I hate that. I really really do. Firstly, not everyone has the genitals required to have ‘real sex’ (like penis in vagina sex for example). Secondly, it creates a pressure on people to do something they might not want to do (consent, innit). Lastly ‘real sex’ doesn’t do it for a lot of people, lots of people find ‘real sex’ is dull sex.
The thing about sex and relationships is that everyone is different and the important thing is that you're happy with the choices you're making. Nobody has the right to force you to do anything and you need to develop the skills and confidence to make sure that you are only having the kind of sex you want, when you want it and that doesn't harm you or your partner.
Skimped Hill Health Centre
Skimped Hill Lane
Bracknell , Berkshire
Tel: 01344 458118
- Monday, 3pm - 8pm. By appointment only.
- Thursday, 10am - 2pm. By appointment only.
- Thursday, 3.30pm - 5.30pm. The Speak Easy Clinic is for those age 18 and under. Appointments are not necessary - you can just walk-in.
After school drop-ins
Running all year
For anyone under 20.
- The Lodge at Coopers Hill (above Youthline) Tuesday's 15.00 - 17.00, a doctor is also present for this session
- The Spot, Sandhurst - Wednesday, 15:00 – 16:00
Term time only
- Brakenhale - Monday lunch times
- Easthampstead Park School - Tuesday lunch times
- Ranelagh School - Tuesday lunch times
- Sandhurst School - Wednesday lunch times
- Garth Hill College - Thursday lunch times
- Edgbarrow School - Friday lunch times
- Bracknell & Wokingham College - Tuesday, 10:30am – 13:00pm and Friday, 10:30am – 12:30pm